Updates!

Oh, moppets, things have been crazy!  While you were sitting by your computers, and waiting with bated breath for my next post, Jethro and I have been in the process of buying a house!  It’s been whirlwind as this is a seller’s market, which is real estate code for “Suck it, you will buy house for much more than its worth and you will LIKE IT.”

But we have found a lovely home being sold by a buyer with integrity who is fixing the minor safety issues with no complaints, rather than telling us that the crack in the wall is a Doctor Who homage.  By September 6th, Jethro and I will be homeowners!  Yay!!  And all the repairs in the house will have to be done by and paid for by us! Boo!

St. Baldrick's logo

For those interested, my shave date for my St. Baldrick’s eventhas been changed to September 14th.  It was the 7th, but I have a wedding to go to that day and the last thing I want to give the bride and groom is a possibly weepy bald chick who takes the attention away.  I will still be donating to Pantene Beautiful Lengths, just not on their National Donate Your Hair Day.  However, APW will be posting lots of info for those of you you want to donate you hair, so check it out!  (And remember, National Donate Your Hair Day only needs 8 inches!)

Now, stay tuned this week as I’ll be having done giveaways in honor of my shave event.  No purchase will be necessary, so do not feel that you have to donate in order to enter.  (But donating would be nice, wouldn’t it?  I hear that for every donation given, a kitten learns to purr.  Now, this can’t be verified, but do you really want to chance it and have mute kittens running around out there?)

SO!  How are you?  Things okay? Your mom ‘n them don’ alright?  And happy Labor Day!  Y’all grilling?  Tell me things!

8 comments on “Updates!

1. Laura
    September 2, 2013 at 11:28 am #

Congrats on the home-buying! We bought our “in need of TLC” house in December, and it’s been a ride. A lot of work, but very worth it.

September 3, 2013 at 12:41 pm #

Thanks!! We avoided any fixer-upper homes, mostly because we know each other and would like to stay married more than we would like to fix up our house. (I’ve been told that if you can have blinds and still stay married, you are good. If you can survive home improvements and still stay married, you are good for LIFE…)

2. ElfPuddle
    September 2, 2013 at 12:05 pm #

Congrats on the home!
    I honestly have not been waiting with bated breath. Sorry! We finally got married in late July (!!!!)
    That isn’t nearly as teeth-gnashing as buying a home in a seller’s market, but it is one of my excuses for not being around online much.

3. vadoporroesq
    September 3, 2013 at 6:38 am #

The seller’s market is the worst! We paid list, plus closing costs, and the seller made minor safety repairs and we have to pay like, 2k to have the rotten side door repaired. We moved on Saturday and it has been a whirlwind. My newest tip though, is to hire movers and then use your family/friends who ask you if you need any help to help you unpack. Unpacking is more fun for them, and you will get things done a million times faster. Plus they can help you rearrange furniture in your house once it’s all there.

September 3, 2013 at 12:44 pm #

Congrats!! We DEFINITELY have movers. We decided at our last move that we were too old for the “bring a pick-up and we’ll buy you beer” kind of move. We’ve been using our family a lot, but mostly as a kid wrangler so we can get things packed. It’s been awesome, they let Tater time and we get things done without having to go to duct tape the baby to the wall to get him out of the way.**

**Kidding. You don’t waste good duct tape like that…

4. Trisha
    September 4, 2013 at 8:42 am #

Congratulations on the house!

September 4, 2013 at 12:43 pm #

Thank you!!! I just realized that we close THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW and had a teeny panic attack.