No Good Very Bad Day

Yesterday, as I’m leaving work, I put my brand new iPhone 4 on top of my roof as I dig through my purse for my keys.

(Y’all know where this is going, don’t you?)

Three miles, four honks and 30 to 40 miles per hour later, someone finally gets my attention at a stoplight and points out to my that my damn phone is still on the roof of my car. Thank God for me having just washed it, and my nice grippy pink Otterbox case, otherwise Alyssa’s lovely phone would have slid off the roof and shattered into a thousand tiny expensive pieces.

So that happened. And I was VERY lucky.

But for every awesome action, there is an equal and opposite sucky reaction. And apparently mine came in the form of me getting my car broken into last night.

Nothing valuable was stolen, thank goodness. But it’s super annoying to have to get my passenger side window replaced, all because someone wanted a bag with a box of Wheat Thins, a set of short stories on CD and my coupon organizers.

I’m most pissed about the coupon organizers.

I’m also glad I didn’t forget to bring up my Girl Scout cookies that came in yesterday.

Bitches steal my Thin Mints, we got some problems.

So.  What’s up with y’all?

21 comments on “No Good Very Bad Day

1. Kerry
    February 22, 2011 at 11:51 am #

I drove all the way to work with my gas light on this morning because I was determined to make it to the gas station where I get 10cents off a gallon before filling up. Traffic was horrible and I was in tears the whole way there positive I was about to run out of gas. For 10flippin’cents off. Sigh.

So sorry about your car. What is wrong with people?

• Sarah
      February 22, 2011 at 12:17 pm #

Ugh … I’ve done that. Prayers were requested on Twitter. I got there with less than a quarter of a tank. Yikes.

February 22, 2011 at 12:47 pm #

My father instilled in me an immense fear at if I get below a quarter of a tank that my car will explode. ( I seriously thought until I was about 25 that a fuel injection car wouldn’t go if the fuel was low. Not empty, low.)

I’m better now, but my heart wouldn’t have been able to take either of y’all’s situation. I’d keep hearing my dad in my head, “GIRL! You gonna break that damn car….

February 22, 2011 at 11:58 am #

That is amazing and makes me want to go get a grippy case!!

UGH for the car–karma is going to get them! (I want some Samoans!!!)

February 22, 2011 at 12:52 pm #

The Otterbox is kind of amazing. I was annoyed because when Jethro got it for me he was like, “it’s indestructible. You need that.”
      Apparently I do need it. *sigh*

I got samoas, thin mints and do-si- dos. I’m a happy camper. (thin mints went straight into the freezer. )

• Jenny- Adventures Along the Way
        February 22, 2011 at 3:30 pm #

This three Girl Scout cookies are my very favorites!!!! Mmm. Now I want some and I don’t think I can get them here in Canada. I will have to try to make some. Saw some recipes online for thin mints and do-si-dos that I have been wanting to try….

• Alia
          February 26, 2011 at 8:16 am #

Ugh, unfortunately you can’t get Girl Scout cookies here in Canada. I’m from the States originally, and it made me sad when I realized that I can’t get them here. There are Girl Guide cookies, but they only come in like two flavors. Sad fact. Plus side: I’m planning a visit to my friends in Jersey in two weeks, and one friend is stockpiling Girl Scout cookies for me! Awww yeah, cookie binge! 😀

• Jenny- Adventures Along the Way
            February 26, 2011 at 9:52 am #

Oh no. That’s too bad. I guess I really will have to resort to trying to make them! How long have you been in The Land of No Girl Scout Cookies? I am also originally from the states, and live in Québec now. Yay, for your cookie supplier friends! I have Cheez-it supplier friends because I have not foun<d the original ones here yet. 🙂

• Alia
              February 26, 2011 at 10:07 am #

If you do make them, let us know how they turn out! My friend sent me some recipes for making them yourself, but I’ve been a little afraid to try them, haha. I’ve been up here in the cold for about a year and a half now, in Ontario. I love it up here, but there are definitely some snacks I miss from the States. How long have you been in Canada? I’m glad you have supplier friends, too! 😀

• Jenny- Adventures Along the Way
              February 26, 2011 at 10:13 am #

(There wasn’t a reply thing on your comment, so I don’t know if this will end up in the right place.) I have been here a year and a have. I will let you know if I do the cookies and how they turn out!

• Alia
              February 26, 2011 at 10:21 am #

Oh you’re right! How strange, now there’s not one on your latest comment, either! Silly website. Cool, so we’ve both been up here about the same amount of time. 🙂 Where are you from in the States? And what brought you to Canada, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m from New Jersey originally, and came up here because my husband’s Canadian. 🙂

3. Heather G
    February 22, 2011 at 12:11 pm #

My morning: My favorite jeans kind of tore this morning. I’ve had them a year and a half and wear them often, probably twice a week. Actually, maybe even more. Mike, God love him, thought he was being helpful when he said, “They only ripped because that’s the part where your thighs rub together.” He went on to say that they weren’t made properly and etc, etc. But I had already fixated on, “…thighs rub together.”

I’d be really, really pissed about the coupon organizer. I don’t actually have one, but I’ve been lusting after this really cute one, so I immediately was like, “NO, not the coupon organizer!” Do you think they used the coupons?

February 22, 2011 at 1:01 pm #

NOOO! Oh, Mike…doesn’t he know you never even admit that your significant other HAS thighs, much that they might rub together?

And if I ever see someone in the grocery store using my highly organized coupon book, I will jump on them and best them to death with their own shoe.

• Heather G
        February 22, 2011 at 2:34 pm #

He does now!

February 22, 2011 at 12:32 pm #

Lady, I read that first part and seriously thought it had flown off the roof, never to be seen again. So, I’m just a LITTLE bit pissed that you put me through that anxiety (and the “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”) for nothing.

That being said.

Today’s been pretty calm so far. Oddly. But my eyes are blue today (they change colors … hazel mostly, green sometimes, blue rarely. Like, this is the 3rd time I can remember it happening EVER) … so I’m on the lookout for strangness. I’ll come, I’m sure.

February 22, 2011 at 1:13 pm #

My deep apologies. Though I did give you a smashed window and missing Wheat Thins. That’s anxiety-worthy, right? Maybe? (Not really, all that is still cheaper than a broken iPhone.)

And I envy your mood ring eyes, that’s so cool!!!

• Sarah
        February 23, 2011 at 10:34 am #

Truth … broken windows suck. And being a victim of a Wheat Thin snatcher (also known as the husband), I feel your pain on that one.

Ok, so you’re off the hook.

As for the eyes … it’s kind of awesome. They go BRIGHT green if I’m really angry or really upset. Just any really deep emotion, really … they were green on my wedding day. (Awww…) Not sure what the blue is about, though. Especially since I was wearing black, and I wear black all the time, so that wasn’t it. Huh. Odd.

February 22, 2011 at 1:20 pm #

They smashed your window for Wheat Thins? *sigh* I’m sorry you’re having to deal with this. How aggravating. I hope they get it fixed soon, and I’m SO glad your phone wasn’t destroyed (good foresight, Jethro, with the case) and that you didn’t leave the Girl Scout cookies.

DJ’s truck was broken into once. They took his laptop (why he left it in his truck, I have no idea), his CDs, and his tires – all 4 of them. His truck was actually left up on blocks. That’s how he found it the next day when he tried to go to work. I couldn’t believe it. I really thought people had moved past doing that in real life and only did it in the movies now. Thank goodness for insurance!

6. irisira
    February 22, 2011 at 5:07 pm #

THIN MINTS. My fave!!!

7. Christy
    February 22, 2011 at 11:59 pm #

Eating thin mints as I read this! ha! I’d be pissed if they stole cookies too. Good thing you got those out of there! 🙂

8. Jenny- Adventures Along the Way
    February 23, 2011 at 1:25 pm #

Last spring somebody broke into our car and I think they only took S’s (broken) sunglasses. Pretty annoying, but we were glad the thief at least had the courtesy to only break the small triangular window in the back. Even so, it was not cheap to repair. I hope you have insurance that will cover the repair work.