GAH, I feel like I have so much to do all the time. My poor Teux Deux list keeps getting longer and longer because I can’t seem to check things off…
- Dear God, do I need to do laundry… Not just what I need for the week, but ALL my laundry. I keep putting it in piles on the floor of the spare bedroom, so they stare at me and remind me to wash them. But they’ve sat there long enough that Maggie has appropriated some of our towels as an impromptu dog bed when she’s mad at us and wants to pout.
- Meal Planning
- According to Real Simple, if I plan simple meals every weekend and then prepare the ingredients for the week, lunch and dinners should be a snap! Whatever. You don’t have a picky husband who won’t eat leftovers or take his lunch to work. A snap, my ass….I want to know how I went from my self-esteem being damaged by Cosmo for years, to it being chipped away by home and lifestyle magazines…
- Craft Projects
- I have about 15 thousand links to fun, quick and easy craft projects that would make excellent gifts and cost just pennies on the dollar for what I would pay for the same item in the store! I just forget about those same projects whenever I have time.
- SO many books. So many. And lots more I want to get. I read constantly and still I’m behind and have books everywhere.
- Mail presents/cards
- Sitting on my floor I still have my sister-in-law’s Christmas presents, her birthday present, a set of kid’s books I promised to send to an old friend’s daughter, two Christmas cards that made their way back to me because of wrong addresses… I am excellent at buying presents; it’s just the getting them to the people I bought them for that I’ve got some problems with.
- I’ve got a gazillion recipes I keep meaning to try, plus my giant red Mark Bittman “How to Cook Everything” just chillin’ in my recipe stand, beckoning to me every time I go into the kitchen for tea or to make another damn sandwich. My happy housewife aspirations are slowly being choked by my inertia and sloth. And backlogged episodes of Toddlers and Tiaras.
- Between APW, my classes and this blog, I feel like words are spewing from my constantly. And only 30% are worth sharing with anyone. (Okay, it’s really like 20%, that extra ten is made up of fart jokes and words such as “like,” “seriously,” “y’all” and “really?”) It’s wonderful, horrible and exciting all at the same time.
- Spend time with Jethro
- There’s this weird urgency to spend time with my husband before we start making tiny humans. Like if I don’t pack as much time in with him at over the next couple years, the minute I poop out a baby it will all end and suddenly we’ll never talk to each other again except to see if the other pi9cked up milk and diapers. Now, I know this isn’t true, I know it, but I still feel the need to add this to my to-do list. If only to remind me that this is probably the most important item on my list. Except laundry. I seriously need some clean pants.
Alright, own up. I am not the only slacker with crap on their to-do list. What do you have to do that you should be doing instead of reading this?